V1.1 Effective: March 26, 2023
What personal information do we collect?
We collect your Personal Data through a variety of methods: either you provide it to us directly, we collect it from external sources, or we collect it by using automated means.
Information you may provide to us: You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Site or through our apps or by corresponding with us by phone, text messaging, instant messaging, email, third parties, social media, research, or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Services and when you report a problem with the Sites or with our app.
Information we collect about you: With regard to each of your visits to our Site or our app we automatically collect the following information:
- Login Information: We log technical information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser and version you use, the wallet identifier, the last access time of your wallet, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to create the wallet and the most recent IP address used to access the wallet.
- Device Information: We collect information about the device you use to access your account, including the hardware model, operating system and version, and unique device identifiers, but this information is anonymized and not tied to any particular person.
- Application Information: We collect any and all information that you provide through our apps intentionally or unintentionally.
- Transaction Information: In connection with our Services, we may collect and maintain information relating to transactions you effect using the Site. Your IP address may be logged so that we can track your session on this site and thus serve you better. When analyzing our traffic, we also look at where our visitors have been referred from (the last URL you visited before visiting this website), your domain, and what browser and operating system you are using. In connection with a purchase, or use of the Services, we may collect your name, billing address, phone number, email address, shipping address, passwords, security questions and answers, demographic information, banking information such as bank account numbers, credit and/or debit card information and addresses, video feed, or any other information you provide us.
- Personal Information: We collect information through voice and video recordings, photographs and data around your use of our products including, but not limited to: where the device is located, when the device is opened, who uses the device, when a device is moved (accelerometer), who updates the device’s operating system or software, when and who closes the device, who and how the device was opened, how long the device was opened, where the user touched the device, how long a user was on a specific screen, which setting are toggled, how many times an incorrect pin was entered, the names and images of the avatars, user phone number, user uploaded images, and how many mobile devices are connected to the product. In order to provide pin recovery assistance, users will select and provide information to personal questions and will provide personal and private responses to these questions.
- Video Information: Our products may contain cameras, so video feeds may be recording, and by using our Services, you consent to the recordings. Recordings may be triggered by motion detection. Although products may be recording, SPACE does not typically view any of the recordings or share them with third parties. SPACE may be required by third parties such as hotels, in the event of a potential criminal or civil investigation or by law to provide recordings. Recordings are generally kept locally and on the cloud, and we are not responsible for any third-party issues with cloud recordings, uploads, maintenance, access, etc.
Information We Collect from External Sources: We also receive information from other sources and combine that with the information we collect through our Services. For instance:
- We may analyze public blockchain data to ensure parties utilizing our Services are not engaged in illegal or prohibited activity, and to analyze transaction trends for research and development purposes.
- We use third-party services that may be co-branded but will do so with clear notice. Any third-party services may collect information as determined by their own privacy policies.
- Banks or payment processors that you use to transfer fiat currency may provide us with basic Personal Data, such as your name and address, as well as, your bank account information.
- Advertising or analytics providers may provide us with anonymized information about you, including but not limited to, how you found our website.
The Site is intended for adults. SPACE will never knowingly collect, use, or share any personal information about children under the age of 18. If SPACE obtains actual knowledge that it has collected personal information about a child under the age of 18, that information may be immediately deleted from our database. We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the information they disclose to websites. SPACE has designed this policy in order to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”).
How do we protect your personal information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our sites. If you access other websites using the links provided, the operators of these websites may collect information from you that will be used by them in accordance with their privacy policies. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities.
Sharing your personal Information
We may disclose your personal data as part of a corporate transaction such as a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event, at our sole discretion. Finally, we will access, transfer, disclose, and/or preserve personal data, when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
(1) comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, judicial orders, or subpoenas;
(2) respond to requests from public or governmental authorities, including for national security or law enforcement purposes;
(3) protect the vital interests of our users, customers, or other third parties (including, for example, to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of our products, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone);
(4) operate and maintain the security or integrity of our Site, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks;
(5) protect the rights, interests, or property of SPACE or third parties;
(6) prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site; or
Text Marketing, Email Marketing & Notifications
If you do not wish to be part of our service you can unsubscribe at any time by testing STOP, CANCEL, QUIT, END, or UNSUBSCRIBE to any mobile message received from us. You may get another text message confirming you have been unsubscribed from our service. You also understand that by sending us an email, calling in, using words different than the ones provided above, or by sending your request to unsubscribe by any other means, will not be reasonable means to unsubscribe you from future communications.
Text marketing (if applicable): By providing us your phone number, we may send text messages about our store, new products, and other updates. Updates may include checkout reminders. Webhooks may be used to trigger the checkout reminders messaging system.
If your device does not support MMS, we will deliver a SMS instead and strip the image. The opt out will also be delivered as a standard text message (SMS). Carriers (AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, Rogers, MetroPCS, etc.) are not responsible or liable for undelivered or delayed messages.
Our Services also include a program called Notify 911. Upon signing up with some of our sites, you may be asked for your emergency services number and your address. If you push the Notify 911 button on one of our sites, a prefilled SMS message will be loaded with the information users fill out, and will be ready to be sent by the user in order to begin a correspondence with emergency services. The text will contain prefilled information about your device’s address, as provided, so emergency services will know where to go. Information sent is all information provided by user and can be changed at any point in time by the user. SPACE is not responsible for any messages that were not sent by user or received by emergency services. Notify 911 is not available in all regions, and is dependent if your location provides emergency services via SMS.
General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us at GDPR@TheSpaceSafe.com.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Information, we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Information directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
California Consumer Privacy Protection Act (“CCPA”)
If you are a resident of California, you have certain information protection rights under the Consumer Privacy Protection Act (“CCPA”). We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Information.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Information, we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at CCPA@TheSpaceSafe.com.
Under the Consumer Privacy Protection Act, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access data. This right to access data grants a person the ability to request that a business confirm whether it has personal information about him or her, the type of personal information that the business keeps about the individual, and/or a copy of the specific information that the business has on file. For inquiries click the following link: What information do you have on me?
- The right to be forgotten. The right to be forgotten grants the ability of a person to request that a business delete the personal information that it holds about them.
- The right to opt-out from having information sold. The right to opt-out grants to the ability of a person to direct that a business cannot sell the personal information that it holds about them.
- The right to opt-in to having information sold. The right to opt-in refers to the requirement within the CCPA that a business cannot sell the personal information of a consumer that is less than 16 years old unless the business has received “opt-in” consent – i.e., affirmative authorization for the sale of the information. If a child is between the ages of 13 and 16, they can provide the necessary opt-in consent directly to the business. If a child is under the age of 13, a parent or guardian must provide the consent.
- The right to receive services on equal terms. The right to receive services on equal terms prevents us from discriminating against you when exercising your rights under the CCPA.
In order to exercise your right under the CCPA, you may make a request to have any personal data collected removed by clicking the following link: Do Not Sell My Personal Information. Requests to remove personal information will remove all past information collected. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. Revisiting our websites, or using any of our Services, may gather previously deleted information.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. You can choose to disable cookies. You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of cookies.
We will update this Policy when necessary to reflect customer feedback and changes to our site. When we post changes to this statement, we will revise the "last updated" date at the top of the statement. If there are material changes to the Policy or in how SPACE will use your personal data, we will notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes before they take effect or by sending you a notification directly. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to learn how SPACE is protecting your information.